AGENCY DISCLOSURE – LAKE GASTON RENTAL HOMES serves as the agent & representative of all owners of vacation properties in its rental program, and is acting at all times, in and for the best interests of the owners.
1. Must be 25 years of age or older to reserve and book a vacation property. Reservations Agent has the right to request proof of age.
2. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM – Some homes have lock boxes onsite with the keys inside. Other homes may have keys that will be mailed to guests. Lock box codes or keys are sent to guests with their confirmation letters. The property cannot be guaranteed ready for occupancy until 4PM. Agent will use its commercially reasonable efforts to have the Premises ready for Guest occupancy by 4PM.
3. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 AM - NO EXCEPTIONS! Timely check-out is strictly enforced so that Agent(s) have adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Upon checking out, guests must follow the checkout procedures included in the confirmation letters and flyers included in the homes or received in confirmation. Please return keys to the lock box mechanism before leaving (unless prior arrangements are made in writing with AGENT). If the property key is not returned upon check-out, Agents are authorized to charge the Guest’s credit card on file for the costs of re-keying or replacing all of the locks and re-issuing new keys to owners, cleaning crews, and Agents. Guests that do not vacate the rental property and return the keys by 10:00 AM, or in the event Guest returns to the premises without the consent of the Agent after turning in the keys and checking out, will be charged a fee equal to the rental rate for one (1) day.
4. RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS – A payment by credit card of 50% of the total rental fee is required when booking a reservation. Upon receipt of the initial payment, a booking confirmation letter will be sent to you with a confirmation number. The remaining balance is due no later than sixty (60) days prior to your check-in date. Agent(s) accepts Visa, MasterCard credit/debit cards, and Discover. Reservations placed within sixty (60) days of check-in date will require payment in full at the time of booking the reservation. If paying by check, payment must be received no later than five (5) days after booking your reservation or the reservation will be cancelled and subject to the cancellation terms. Please reference reservation dates and confirmation # when sending checks. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS AT CHECK-IN!
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT- All homes require security deposits or damage protection insurance to cover potential repair costs for damages and are included in your reservation total. Security deposits are released within 10 days of post-departure inspection. All damages must be reported. Any damages or excessive cleanings are deducted from the security deposit. All damages must be reported to Agents before your check out. Repair costs for damage in excess of $750 or damage that is deemed intentional, will-full or a result of neglect will be charged directly to guest`s credit card. This includes the following type of damages: unreported accidental damages, intentional damages, damage through neglect, damages by unsupervised minors, theft, excessive cleaning, or any damage or flea infestation caused by pets.
DAMAGE PROTECTION FEE-This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 will be charged to the credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during the trip, the Insurer will reimburse the lesser of the cost of repairs or the Actual Cash Value of the property, up to $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/vacationrentaldamage). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Lake Gaston Rental Homes, LLC any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Lake Gaston Rental Homes, LLC directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
6. TRAVEL INSURANCE - You are a valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry free. Because the unforeseen and unexpected can occur before you leave or when you’re away from home we recommend CSA’s Vacation Rental Insurance Plan. This option can be chosen when making your reservation.
*North Carolina laws governing evacuations and vacation rentals:
a. When state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area, tenants occupying
vacation rental properties must comply with the order.
b. Because travel insurance is offered with each reservation, Lake Gaston Rental Homes has no
obligation to refund the tenant's money in the event of a mandatory evacuation.
c. If, following a storm, we cannot provide a promised rental property to a vacation rental tenant-
whether the reason is that the house was significantly damaged or that is is inaccessible due to
damage to or closure of roads-the tenant is entitled to either a refund of his money or the
substitution of a reasonable comparable property at the same cost. This refund may come in the
form of a paid claim against travel insurance. Tenants are encouraged to read and understand
the limits of coverage.
7. RESERVATION AGREEMENT - Guests acknowledge, understand, and agree that the moment Guests give Agents their credit card information, Agents are authorized to charge said credit card for the total rental amount agreed upon, including payment of remaining balance on date due. Agents’ Cancellation Policy will govern any cancellation, rescheduling, or change after the credit card authorization.
8. CANCELLATION POLICY – If cancellations, rescheduling, or changes are made to the original check-in date more than 60 days prior to arrival date, NO REFUNDS OR REBATES will be offered unless Agent is able to re-rent the property at equal or greater value for the dates of your stay. If Agent is able to fill the vacancy, you will receive a refund, less a $100 cancellation fee. There is no refund for reservations cancelled less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
9. NO SHOW/EARLY DEPARTURE POLICY – Agents are not responsible for Guests inability to arrive on time nor if Guests choose or are required to depart early for any reason, nor if members of Guests party do not show up. NO REFUNDS OR REBATES will be offered.
10. REFUNDS – This Rental Agreement is a legally binding agreement between Guest, Agency & Owner. Your reservation binds you to a specific period of time. Agent will make every effort to correct any problem that arises during your stay in a timely manner subject to the terms in this agreement. There will be no refunds or compensation for events out of Agent’s control including but not limited to: Acts of God, Mother Nature, acts of war or government agencies, road maintenance, gas shortages, power outages or water outages, construction or maintenance work in the vicinity, equipment failures, road conditions, proximity to other dwellings, business closures and area event schedule changes.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum occupancy is stated in all accommodation descriptions. These limits are required by law and are for the safety and protection of occupants and Owners. Any child two years old and above is considered an occupant & must be included in the occupancy total. Rollaway beds, cots, inflatable mattresses & sleeping bags or other temporary or portable sleeping device not specifically provided by the owner and intended for use to accommodate extra persons are prohibited. If you are found to exceed the maximum occupancy of your home, it will be considered a breach of contract and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds or rebates.
12. LICENSEE OF OWNER - Guests are a licensee of the Owner and not a tenant; Renting the premises in no way constitutes Guests acquiring interest in the property.
13. LISTING INFORMATION - Information on listings is as accurate as possible but cannot be guaranteed. Rates, furnishings, fees, and taxes on listings are subject to change without notice. Please call or email to confirm information prior to booking.
14. RIGHT OF ENTRY - Agents reserve the right to enter property at anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damages, make repairs, alterations, and improvements, as Agents deem necessary.
15. URGENT/EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS – In case any equipment malfunctions, guests shall notify Agents immediately to arrange for repairs and initiate an urgent service call. Every effort will be made to correct any urgent situation in as little time as possible. Agent cannot guarantee against malfunctions of heating, air conditioning, electricity, water, any appliances, hot tubs, jacuzzi tubs, cable, satellite, television, telephones, electronics, gas logs, grills, etc. No refunds or compensation will be given for failure of the above. Any service call requested by guests that is a result of guest action, abuse, misuse or negligence may result in a $50 service charge plus $50/hr of onsite labor and will be billed to guest’s credit card. NO refunds or rebates will be offered in conjunction with false or mistaken service calls.
16. NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICE CALLS – Every effort will be made to provide clear concise procedures at the home for operating equipment such as satellite TV’s, DVD players, fireplaces and key lock boxes as well as clear accurate directions to the home itself from major highways. Agents are not responsible for guest’s inability to operate equipment or follow the directions which may result in a service call for assistance. Any non-essential service call requested by guests to operate equipment or to lead guests to home will result in a $35 service charge plus $35/hr of onsite labor and will be billed to guest’s credit card. NO refunds or rebates will be offered in conjunction with guest’s inability to operate equipment or locate the home.
17. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS –For maintenance, repair and/or service calls not specifically applicaple to the situations above, these standard rates apply: $25 Service Call and $25/hr labor + cost of materials. Maintenance and Repair and associated costs will be billed to the Guests credit card on file at the rates noted. Agent is not required to but may notify guest of any ensuing charges of repair damages to guest credit card on file for post departure damage repairs not covered by the Security Deposit.
18. CABLE/SATELLITE TV - Rental properties are individually owned and Agents cannot guarantee TV channel availability. Rental properties do not necessarily offer premium packages, i.e., Movie Channels, Sports Channels, Pay Per View, etc. Agents cannot under any circumstance activate premium channels. NO EXCEPTIONS! NO REFUNDS OR REBATES will be offered.
19. GAS LOG FIREPLACES –Some homes contain gas log fireplaces and should only be used seasonally from October 01 through May 15. No other items may be burned in gas log fireplace, including but not limited to: sticks, wood, charcoal, lava rocks, paper, trash, etc. If any other item is burned in gas log fireplace, guest will be charged a $100 clean-out fee that will be billed directly to Guests credit card on file. Guests further agree that no fire will be left unattended.
20. NO OUTSIDE EVENTS - No large gatherings are permitted. This includes weddings, parties, reunions, etc.
21. NO FIREWORKS - Fireworks of any kind are forbidden on rental properties. Fireworks are illegal in North Carolina and Virginia. Any evidence of fireworks on property such as debris or burned areas will result in charges to credit card on file to cover damages and clean up.
22. FIRE-PITS – Some properties provide a rock firepit or outdoor wood burning fireplace. If a property does not offer a fire pit, guests will not make one as doing so is considered a safety hazard and considered damage to the Premises. Fire pits may be used throughout the year. Guests further agree that no fire will be left unattended. When guests are done with the firepit, all flames and embers should be put out with water and smothered to avoid accidental fires. All trash must be collected and properly disposed from around the firepit.
23. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND - Agents are not responsible for any items Guests leave behind intentionally or unintentionally on Premises. Agents will confiscate all items left behind unless Guests request it to be returned to them. Agents are authorized to charge a $25 handling fee plus applicable shipping costs for the return of any items Guests leave behind.
24. FURNISHING/FURNITURE - All homes are privately owned property furnished and equipped by its OWNER. As such, Agent(s) cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the owner. If Guest requires special appliances or equipment, please bring them with you. Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Rearranging or moving of furniture is prohibited and will result in a fee of no less than $100 due to extra housekeeping services. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to Guest(s), the renter. Certain areas in each rental property are locked for the OWNERS personal storage and are not included in this rental.
25. LINENS – Bed Linens (no towels) are provided to all our rental homes with a minimum 3 day rental, free of charge . Please bring your own bath towels and outdoor activity towels. Prior to check out, please
remove dirty bed linens and place them in a pillowcase at the foot of the
bed.Please leave the mattress pad
on the bed, and only remove the linens. Please remake bed neatly and how you
found it upon arrival. If the
cleaning crew has to remove the dirty linens from the beds the Guest will be charged as part of the excess cleaning fee.
26. LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS - Some home telephones are toll restricted and do not permit long distance calls except for toll free numbers, calling card calls, credit card calls, collect calls, valid third party calls, and emergency (911) calls. Any special feature calls including but not limited to; Call Return, Call Block, Call Forward that Guests activates will be billed to Guests credit card on file plus a $15 service charge per incident. Cell-phone signal is marginal around the lake and cannot be guaranteed.
27. NON-SMOKING – NO EXCEPTIONS! – All homes are non-smoking (including all decks, porches, boat houses and steps). Guests will forfeit entire security deposit and agree to pay not less than $350 for odor abatement if they smoke in the home or if cigarette butts are left on the grounds.
28. ALCOHOL/DRUGS – No drinking of alcoholic beverages by persons under the legal age of twenty-one (21) is allowed on rental properties. If Guests are arrested for underage drinking at rental properties or if Agents observe Guests under the legal age of twenty-one (21) drinking alcoholic beverages, Agents reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and evict Guests with no refund or rebate. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
29. CONDUCT –Occupancy and use of premises shall not be such as to disturb or offend neighbors or residents by means of including but not limited to: parties, excessive speeding through neighborhoods, riding of ATV’s or Off Road Motorcycles/Dirt Bikes, excessive noise and/or obnoxious behavior, discharging of Firearms, BB/Pellet Guns, Paint Ball Guns, Potato Cannons, Marshmallow Guns, Silly String or Fireworks, or any other noise-inducing mechanisms. Agents reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and evict Guests with no refund or rebate.
30. PROPANE GRILLS – Properties with propane grills are fueled by liquid propane and under NO circumstances may Guests add charcoal or any derivative of charcoal to the propane grills. If Guests add charcoal to a propane grill, Agents are authorized to charge not less than $100 to Guests credit card for cleaning of grill.
31. WILDLIFE – Most homes are located in areas that may harbor different types of wildlife including but not limited to: Raccoons, Bear, Deer, Turkey, Spiders, Wasps, Ticks, Ants, Chiggers, Flies, Mice, etc. Guests are encouraged to dress accordingly and to bring appropriate insect repellent for outdoor activities. NO REFUND OR REBATE will be offered in connection with any wildlife encounters.
32. LOCK OUT - A lock-out of Guests from home will result in a $35 service call plus a $35/hr onsite labor fee during business hours to provide access to cabin. A lock-out after business hours may result in a locksmith being called and Guests credit card being charged accordingly.
33. LOST KEYS – Lost keys will result in a $25 replacement charge per key and will be billed to the credit card on file.
34. PET POLICY – Absolutely NO PETS AT ANY TIME allowed on the premises. If pet is brought onto premises, entire security deposit will be forfeited. If reservation is made with security deposit insurance instead of security deposit, guest will be charged a $300 plus damages. Security deposit insurance will not cover pets.
35. DAMAGES TO PROPERTY - Premises are to be left in clean, undamaged condition, and Guests must follow check-in and check-out procedures. Properties have been cleaned and inspected prior to Guests arrival. Guests must call Agents if any damages or defects are noticed. Properties found in excessively unclean condition or with any unique or special cleaning requirements will be subject to additional cleaning charges and billed directly to credit card on file.
36. REFUSAL OF SERVICE – Agent reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. All rental properties are leased without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or handicap. Due to liability issues, Agent will be unable to provide prospective renters with directions or keys to preview properties.
37. TERMINATION BY OWNER/SUBSTITUTIONS – Agents strive to comply with all reservation requests for specific vacation properties. However, due to ownership changes, properties being removed from rental use, mechanical problems, or other unforeseen circumstances outside of Agent’s control, Agents cannot absolutely guarantee a specific property. Agents reserve the right to change property unit assignment to a comparable property without liability within a reasonable time frame should rental property become unavailable. A comparable property will have similar or better value, accommodations, function, unit amenities, or size as determined by the Company. No refunds will be offered when comparable properties are available. Should Guest decline the comparable property, Guest may reschedule or change their reservation to another available date and property at the published rates under the parameters of the rescheduling policy but no refunds will be offered. If comparable properties are not available, Guests will have the option of selecting from any other available properties for their reservation dates and pay or receive a refund of the difference in the total cost or may choose to receive a full refund minus a $50 processing fee under the parameters of this agreement.
38. VIOLATION OF AGREEMENT - A material breach of this Agreement by Guests, which, in the sole determination of the Agents, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Guests or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of criminal law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Guests tenancy. Violation of any of the rules contained herein will result in IMMEDIATE EVICTION with NO REFUNDS OR REBATES. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, any expedited eviction procedures set forth in the applicable laws of the State of North Carolina shall apply. Guest(s) may be evicted under such procedures if Guest(s): (I) hold over in possession after Guest(s) tenancy has expired; (ii) commit a material breach of any provision of this Agreement that according to its terms would result in the termination of Guest(s) tenancy; or (iii) have obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation. Any reservation made under false pretenses will result in forfeiture of advance payments and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
39. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS - Guests shall be solely responsible for any property damage, accident or injury to any person or pet or loss sustained by any person or pet, including loss of money, jewelry, and other items of personal property, arising out of or in any way related to Guests use of the premises or the items of personal property provided by Agent(s), the Owner at Guests request. Guests shall inspect and be familiar with proper use and application of such items prior to using them. Guests hereby agree to INDEMNIFY and hold Agent(s) and its employees, owners and officers; and/or Homeowners harmless from any and all claims including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to Guests and pet use of premises or the items of personal property provided therein. Guests hereby agree to hold Agent(s) and its employees, owners and officers and/or Homeowner, harmless and to indemnify same against any and all claims that arise pertaining to any event during the course of rental as a consequence of any acts or omissions of Agent and/or homeowner, its Agents, employees and officers. Guests assume the risk of injury or other losses relating to any recreational activities and will hold owner and its Agents harmless with respect thereto.
40. CREDIT CARD – Guest is providing credit card number as a guarantee. Guest agrees to pay all rent and associated fees, accept all terms of this agreement and accept all liability for any damage not covered by the Security Deposit and/or beyond normal wear and tear during the term of the lease with Agent. If guest fails to do so guest understands that these costs will be charged to guest’s credit card and all credit card sales are final. Agent is not required to notify guest when charging credit card for damages or other charges as applicable under the terms of this agreement.